Medical Assistant Training at Everest Institute
Medical assistants are vital in the day-to-day operations of many medical practices.
As their name suggests, medical assistants provide valuable support to doctors, nurses and other licensed medical professionals. Physicians count on medical assistants to:
- Greet and process incoming patients
- Prepare patients for exams
- Perform routine clinical tasks
Working with patients, medical assistants often:
- Take patient histories
- Obtain vital signs
- Measure blood pressure
- Measure height and weight, and take temperature
In addition, medical assistants also often help with the administrative tasks of running an office, such as answering phones, making appointments, managing computer data and processing paperwork.
At Everest, you can get the practical, hands-on training you need to compete for entry-level medical assistant positions in physicians' offices, clinics and other health care facilities. Your education will cover a wide range of relevant topics, including:
- Laboratory procedures
- Medical law
- Patient care
- Health sciences
If you've ever dreamed of working in the health care field alongside doctors and nurses, the Medical Assistant program is a great option to consider.
Everest Colleges, Institutes and Universities offer you hands-on career education in some of America's established career fields. Benefits include:
- Programs that can be completed in as little as one year, allowing you to get the training you need and into the workforce quickly.
- Courses taught by instructors who are former industry professionals eager to provide you with practical insights into the subjects they teach.
- Flexible schedules designed to meet the needs of working adults and support systems designed to help you succeed both inside and outside the classroom.
- Career Services professionals who can help you find post-graduation employment opportunities in your area—a service you can access throughout your career.*
- Everest is dedicated to your success today—and tomorrow!
Popular Career Training Programs
Everest Colleges, Institutes and Universities offer career education in these and other popular areas:
- Dental Assistant
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
- Pharmacy Technician
*Employment is not guaranteed, but career services help is available for students and graduates.
Programs, program lengths and program schedules vary by campus and by state. Everest College, Institute, and University are part of Zenith Education Group.
Accreditation and Disclosure
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please visit our website at http://www.everest.edu/disclosures
*Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
OH REG 04-07-1722T