This article contains information about the average costs associated with medical assistant training. Learn about the tuition cost of both certification training and associate degree programs.
Average Cost Of Training
Cost Of Certificate or Diploma Program Tuition
The average cost of certificate training and diploma program tuition at our partner schools is between about $15,000 and $24,000. The listed prices are taken from official school materials and/or the NCES college navigator and do not include all costs such as books, personal expenses, room and board, or other fees.
- American College of Medical Careers - Medical Assistant program tuition will cost $17,620 if completed within normal time.
- Arizona College - Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy program tuition costs $15,816.
- Berkeley College - Medical Assistant Certificate Day Program in New Jersey, tuition costs $23,589 if completed within normal time.
- Blake Austin College - Either the Clinical Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy program or the Administrative Medical Assistant program had total tuition charges in 2017 of $15,700.00.
- Branford Hall - Medical Assistant program tuition cost is $15,745 if completed within normal time.
- Dawn Career Institute - Medical assisting program tuition costs $15,000 per year on average.
- Daymar College - Medical assisting diploma program takes 12 months and tuition costs close to $15,000.
- Florida Career College - Medical Assistant Technician Training program tuition costs about $21,500.
- Fortis Institute - Average net price for a 1 year program is $22,931.
- Harris School of Business - Medical Assistant Certificate daytime program tuition costs $15,358 if completed within normal time frame.
- Platt College - Medical Assisting Diploma program for students completing on-time in 2017: $18,925.
Cost Of Associate Degree Program Tuition
The average cost of medical assisting associate degree programs at our partner schools is between about $34,000 and $53,000 for the 2 year program. The listed prices below are per year and are taken from official school materials and/or the NCES college navigator. Estimates do not include all costs such as books, personal expenses, room and board, or other fees.
- American College of Medical Careers - Associate of Science in Medical Assisting program will cost $19,850 per year if completed within normal time.
- Berkeley College - A.A.S., Medical Assistant program in New Jersey, tuition will cost $26,500 per year if completed within normal time.
- Centura College - Associate Degree in Medical Assisting with Concentration in Clinical Support tuition at the Richmond campus costs $16,337 per year on average.
- Elmira Business Institute - Associate Degree in Medical Assisting tuition costs close to $21,700 per year.
- Keiser University - Associate of Science degree in Medical Assisting program tuition in district costs about $20,208 per year.
Cost Of Online Medical Assisting Programs
Online medical assisting programs where you complete at your own pace may cost a little less than the equivalent on-campus program. There are online certification training and associate degree programs available at many schools. Ask your school’s admissions representative to get up-to-date online medical assistant program pricing information.
Cost Of Certification After Completing School
After completing a medical assisting program the student must take a certification exam. This exam is given by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) and costs either $125 or $250 depending on if you are a recent graduate or and/or a member of the AAMA.
All schools are not listed here see our complete list of partner medical assistant schools.
Notes: These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed. If a college has more than one campus, the price may vary at each location.