Medical Assisting Program at Remington College
Medical Assisting Diploma Program
Medical Assistants are healthcare professionals who keep doctor's offices, clinics, hospitals, and other medical practices moving by performing clinical and administrative tasks. Clinical responsibilities include taking vital signs, preparing patients for exams, and instructing patients on treatment procedures. Administrative duties include filing medical records, filling out patients' insurance forms, and scheduling appointments.
Through Remington College's Medical Assisting Diploma program (2), you can prepare for a career in an industry that offers the chance to help people. (1) Get an introduction to an array of coursework – including patient care, anatomy and human health, and pharmacology.
A combination of classroom medical assistant training, hands-on laboratory experience, and an opportunity to work in an externship can teach you many of the skills you will need to become a Medical Assistant. (1)
(1) Must meet minimum GPA requirements to qualify for externship program. State licensure/certification may be required.
(2) For Disclosures of Tuition Costs, On Time Graduation Rates, Median Loan Debt, Placement Rates and Occupational Information, go to www.remingtoncollege.edu/MA-disclosures.
* Remington College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs and other school-administered programs.
At Remington College campuses, we offer a variety of educational programs.
While no reputable school can guarantee employment after graduation, our programs are designed with an emphasis on helping students to prepare for entry-level employment in various career fields.
This combination of traditional teaching methods along with practical classroom experience provides an opportunity for students to apply and practice their knowledge and skills.
Not sure which program is right for you? Remington College understands that choosing a career path can be stressful for some students. That's why we have admissions staff available to students in order to help them find an area of study that is right for them.
While you are visiting with an admission representative make sure to discuss what occupation you want to pursue. It is easy to become confused about employment opportunities related to various education programs because of all the representations you may see while navigating the internet about job opportunities you will have if you enroll in a particular educational program. We want to make sure you have our understanding of your employment options before selecting and educational program at Remington College.
Some programs that may be available in your area:
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Health Care
Why choose Remington College?
- Small class sizes
- Day or evening classes in select programs
- Career focused educational programs
- Financial aid available for those who qualify
- Established in 1985
- Cleveland, OH
- Columbia, SC
- Dallas, TX
- Fort Worth, TX
- Honolulu, HI
- Houston, TX
- Lafayette, LA
- Memphis, TN
- Mobile, AL
- Nashville, TN
- Shreveport, LA