Career Training at Pittsburgh Technical College
Thanks for your interest in Pittsburgh Technical College. As the marketplace continues to become more competitive, rewarding those with the right training for the job, Pittsburgh Technical College is ideally positioned to give you the skills you need to compete.
In addition to a diverse, market-centered program offering and a continued commitment to hands-on training and flexible schedules, you'll have the opportunity to take advantage of:
- Programs designed by industry insiders
- Career placement services
- An Adult-Centered Learning Environment at our Cranberry Center
- Industry-recognized certifications
- Financial aid available for those who qualify
Plus, you can receive a certificate in as little as 9 months, or an associate degree in as little as 21 months.
Medical Assisting Program
You will learn important clinical and administrative skills that will prepare you for a successful healthcare career. The PTC program prepares you for a number of important exams including the NCCT Phlebotomy Technician Certification exam and the CMA exam.
- You will learn from our state-of-the-industry lab, work with the latest equipment, and develop hands-on skills and confidence in a realistic setting.
- PTC's dual-focus program blends front office management skills and back office clinical skills making you a well-rounded, versatile employee.
- Your venipuncture instruction prepares you for the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) Phlebotomy Technician Certification exam.
- The PTC Medical Assisting associate degree program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB) permitting you to sit for your Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) exam.
- PTC pays for your CMA exam, provides your review book and schedules review time during Medical Seminar.
For graduation rates, earnings, and educational debt information, please visit us online at http://www.ptcollege.edu/about/consumer-information.
- Pittsburgh, PA
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Pittsburgh Technical College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSA), 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, 267.284.5000, ( www.msche.org). MSA is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
PTC's Medical Assisting program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board, permitting graduates to sit for their certification exam.
In 2003, the Pennsylvania Secretary of Education authorized PTC to operate as a college and to award the Associate in Science degree to graduates of approved programs.
- Approved for the training of state rehabilitation students
- Approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in the Department of Homeland Security
- Approved for the training of veterans and war orphans
- Approved for the training of dislocated workers through CareerLink
G.I. Jobs designated Pittsburgh Technical College a military friendly school placing the institution in the top 15 percent of colleges and universities nationwide.
International Tutor Program Certification
PTC's Tutoring Center is authorized to issue certificates to tutors meeting College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) requirements.
PTC is a member of The President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.