If you enjoy helping people, become a medical assistant. Every day, medical assistants improve the lives of those around them by providing critical medical and administrative duties in doctors’ offices, hospitals, and more.
Meridian College offers hands-on medical assistant training that will prepare you for every part of the career, from supporting doctors with patients to completing administrative tasks.
In addition to receiving training from instructors with real-world experience, you will complete a supervised externship in a physician’s office, clinic, or related healthcare facility to further develop your skills.
Your medical assistant training will focus on:
- Examination room procedures
- Obtaining vital signs and medical histories
- Performing routine laboratory procedures
- Sterilizing and maintaining equipment
- Proper techniques for administering medications as directed by a physician
- Various administrative duties
After you complete the associate degree program, you will have the skills necessary to work as the following, among other positions:
- ECG technician
- Hospital ward clerk
- Doctor’s office medical assistant
- Hospital admissions assistant
- Chiropractic assistant
Graduates of the program are also eligible to take a certification test to become a registered medical assistant (RMA).
Meridian College cannot guarantee employment or a minimum starting salary upon graduation; however, placement assistance is available upon successful completion of the program.