Harrison College approaches education by empowering students to improve their lives, because we know that your success also benefits your community. At Harrison, we pride ourselves on the relationships we have with our students – we are familiar with their lives and families, obstacles and motivations, and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential – that’s why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment – not only for improving their lives, but for fulfilling their dreams.
Because we are committed to supporting each student, you will meet face-to-face with instructors to demonstrate your clinical skills and receive coaching while you practice. In your final quarter, you will have the opportunity to enhance your skills in a physician’s office or ambulatory care facility.
If you earn your credentials, you will be qualified to pursue a career in medical assisting in a variety of settings:
• In a physician’s office, urgent care facility, out-patient clinic or specialty health care center
• As a member of a patient-centered medical home team
• Cross-trained in clinical and administrative work or as a patient liaison
• As a health care provider in a medical office
Medical Assisting programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). Harrison.edu
Students who have been successful in the Medical Assisting program can be described as:
• Compassionate with good interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical thinker
• Detail oriented with good technical skills
• Able to adhere to policies and regulations
• Life-long learners
As a graduate of Harrison’s Medical Assisting Diploma program, you will be eligible to register for one of the credentialing exams accredited by the NCCA to receive your credentials in Medical Assisting.
As a student in the Medical Assisting Diploma program, you will be taught how to:
• Measure vital signs, such as blood pressure
• Obtain and record patient history and enter health information data into electronic health records
• Assist physicians with patient examinations